DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

1.12.2005

Well, that explains the spanish songs on HFS....

I guess that this is the end of an era. WHFS is dead. I was just flipping through the radio stations, and I noticed that HFS was playing Spanish songs instead of its usual inane crap. I thought that it was the next Shakira.

Goodbye HFS. I can't say that I have bothered to listen to you since I was in high school, but now there is nothing left to enjoy on the FM dial but NPR.

I could reminice about my favorite moments at the HFStival and all of the bands that I saw in good old RFK stadium, but the thought that is sticking with me right now as I say goodbye to this standard of DC radio is how my father told me when I was twelve years old that he had listened to WHFS when he was living in his first roach infested apartment in Dupont, back in the 1970's.

And now, I will have to change all of my presets on my car stereo. Either that, or learn to love spanish pop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home