DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

3.04.2005

1st Wednesday at Wonderland

On Wednesday night, I managed to haul my ass out of my house to see what the deal was with Wonderland's "local music showcase", which they host on the first Wednesday of every month. Sadly passing under the sign for the defunct Red Bean and heading upstairs, I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was in fact live music. After a little internet research, the man who claimed to be Klaus Meine, of, um, Scorpians fame, maynot have been telling the truth, but Imay also have not been listening all that closely.

The "scene" was pretty mellow, with ten or fifteen people scattered around the room, listening to the acoustic set with varying degrees of interest. Whoever the singer was, he played an entertaining mix of classic songs and other songs that I didn't recognize and assume to be original works. Maybe being performed for the first time. Who knows.

I won't stake the claim that this was the coolest night I've ever had, but I had a good time, the music didn't suck, and if next month I'm looking for someplace to hang in the hood, Wonderland will probably get the nod over the Raven. That's what I got to say. If the show blows up next month maybe I'll have to revisit my comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home