DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

3.01.2005

Big News on the Me Front.

I have just received news that I have passed the first hurdle on my way to graduate school! Yay for me! This means that now I have an incredibly stressful two weeks pulling together a portfolio of my work to send off to be judged. Then I have to face the probing questions of an interview. The email sounded like it would probably be a phone interview, but I just earned myself a time-off award for extra good behavior, so I may just see if I can swing a trip to be interviewed in person. Good god my nerves are hopping right along now. I had better be able to sleep tonight because I have a lot of work to do over the next couple of days to make sure that everything is ready for the next "round o' judgement".

2 Comments:

  • I just got your letter yesterday and was going to write you an inspired reply about how judgments by arbitrary bodies such as graduate schools aren't what we need to feel good (or bad) about ourselves, but I guess I don't need to give you that speech, since you'll probably get into grad school (read: like I didn't). Good luck with your portfolio. But don't lose an incredible amount of sleep over this. Sleep is, like, really, really, really great, and should be enjoyed no matter what's going on.

    J.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:16 AM  

  • PS Periods go inside quotation marks. Sorry. These are the kinds of things _I_ lose sleep over...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home