DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

2.28.2005

Go to the National Gallery

I feel like some sort of blog-ho, what with all of my postings today, but I wanted to encourage everyone who can to make sure that they catch the Ed Ruscha show at the National Gallery. Ruscha's use of words as the focus of his art is surprisingly interesting. I for one was a little wary of going to see 90 odd drawings of words and phrases, but Ruscha really captures concepts and emotions in his art by playing with the viewer's own feelings of a word. At least that's my take on things, I might have more to say in a few years if I get an MFA.

Also on display at the NGA are a group of Andre Kertesz photographs in a retrospective of his urban photography. Two thumbs. And if you need a little color in your life, just head over to the East Wing to see Fauve Painting from the Permanent Collection. The bright display offers a flash of color from a group of artists who built upon the works of the Impressionists, including Matisse and Braque.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home