DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

5.19.2005

End of a season, end of a career

OC ohmygod! The show finally returned to its roots of cramming an entire season's worth of drama into one hour. Old faces returning; rehab for Kiki; drug deals and gunplay; Ryan facing the demons of his past before Marissa shoots Tre! Are you kidding? Yeah, I feel ridiculous, but who cares, its not like I have the energy for anything else on Thursday night.

And Reggie Miller. I'd say that I was sorry to see you lose your last game, but then I would be lying. You were one of the best foils in the NBA. So easy to hate, and yet could never carry your team to victory. I'm sure some paid sports writers will have more elegant eulogies in the morning, and I will post some links when I find them.

5 Comments:

  • dude, OC finale...what a steaming pile of crap. and I think because he is white, tre is spelled "trey." Ryan goes ballistic all of a sudden after being oboe-player loving AP science ryan all year. where's the lead-up? Marissa's family is back together. lame. Seth struggles (very briefly) with family alcoholism. what is this? blossom? I watch OC for titties and ridiculousness, not downer-drama. WTF? at least Tate Donovan was back for a guest star.

    By Blogger 8yearoldsdude, at 6:32 AM  

  • Child, please. Its the season finale. They don't have time for titties and teen-angst. They've got to set the dramatic hook so that you'll come back six months later after watching reruns.

    Was anyone else taking bets on what other characters would make the return? We had even money on Lindsey showing up, and 4-to-1 on Oliver.

    By Blogger Fletch, at 9:32 AM  

  • Whither Caitlin? I thought they would make it through the whole episode without mentioning her at all, was even wondering if they had officially dropped her (Jimmy did say he wouldn't leave "you two" alone) until they tossed in the comment about her coming home for the summer.

    It was the best episode of the season by far, but at the 50 minute mark I started wondering how they were going to get Ryan to Chino to see "his" baby. Next season, I guess!!

    I had to blog about it a bit today as well - scroll down a little to OC OMG.

    By Blogger Kathryn Is So Over, at 10:44 AM  

  • Yes, Caitlin will be back just in time for the summer-season break. Who wants to bet that she'll be back in boarding school before Newport's finest return?

    By Blogger Fletch, at 11:05 AM  

  • I'll take that easy money! She's no Maris or [Norm's wife], but she'll do. So long to her pony with alopecia, too.

    By Blogger Kathryn Is So Over, at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home