DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

1.26.2005

Movie Time!

">.

Well, The Animation Show is opening at the almighty E Street Theater on March 5th. This should be a great time to fill up on some of the great animated shorts out there. I don't really have too much to say, but I always enjoyed Spike and Mike when they came to town, so I'll probably find my way down to see these. I mean, its not like there have been too many other films released in the past year that I could praise.

Just looking over the Oscar nominations I have seen _zero_ movies nominated for the best picture, director, or actor awards. Granted I haven't exactly been racing to the movies every night, but there were some very good movies released this year (Closer, Eternal Sunshine, Very Long Engagement) that hardly received any nods at all. Admittedly, there are a few on the list that I would like to see, namely "Vera Drake" and "Million Dollar Baby", but frankly it was a disappointing year in cinema, documentaries aside (Super Size Me, Born into Brothels).

I guess it shouldn't bother me too much, seeing how I am going to be reading more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home