DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

2.08.2005

Gene Weingarten. What a dork.

Archives are apparently all the new rage. Of course that is just a guess, judging from Gene Weingarten's latest column (Whee the People), the grand reopening of the National Archives, and that epic film classic National Treasure. Of course, archives haven't gone away since the last time that they were big. I don't know when that was exactly, but I am guessing some time before I was born.

What this all means exactly is that I am finally on the cutting edge of culture. May the hipsters come swarming to my office in their incessant thirst for knowledge. Pretty soon I'll have to leave, 'cause it'll be all played out, but 'til then I feel like I am in the money.

More importantly though is that maybe people will start realizing how important the old stuff that we keep in libraries and archives (no, I don't mean scrapbooking) is to our national heritage and culture. More so than "The Newlyweds" and "American Idol".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home