DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

2.23.2005

Hot Hot Heat. Aka I got mine!

The Hot Hot Heat are coming to the 9:30 Club on Friday March 11th, and I just picked up my tickets last night. Hot Hot Heat should be enough to get you to the door, but this has the makings of an amazing show with Washington Social Club serving up the opening act.

Buying these tickets actually made me realize that I am getting old. As I walked up to the ticket window last night, there were people hanging around waiting for the doors to open before the Le Tigre show. When I say people, I mean there were five adolescents hanging outside the doors because their mothers couldn't drop them off any later.

I was strolling up when I heard someone say in a snotty voice "Love the Burberry." (At this point it would probably make sense to mention that I bought a Burberry rip-off scarf from a thrift-store this fall) I stopped, looked up, and considered throttling the 16 year old Bethesda anarchist. Then I realized that ten years ago, I would have said something similar, especially if I was trying to impress the two rrrrrriot girlz who were accompanying this kid. So I put on a shit-eating grin and replied in my most gracious-I'm-not-being-sarcastic voice "Thanks dude, love the black hoodie." I then continued on to the box office and bought my tickets, sans the $4.50 surcharge that they add on for internet purchases.

2 Comments:

  • Le Tigre sucks.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 9:08 PM  

  • But sleater kinney rules, you hater.
    fletch, your self-ironic prose brings happiness to my day.
    and is the term "riot grrl" still relevant or applicable or did it die with kurt cobain and our childhood.
    -b

    By Blogger 8yearoldsdude, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home