DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

3.20.2005

Thoughts From A Sunday Morning

-Its time to throw away my brackets. My first hint came with the Syracuse loss on Friday. West Virginia defeating Wake Forest in double-overtime just sealed the deal. I love March Madness. Two big upsides to all of this: 1. I feel much better for not having entered any pools this year; 2. I am now free to cheer for anybody without feeling like I am betraying my picks. Let's go Mountaineers!

-Haircuts are really traumatic. I got my semi-annual cut yesterday morning, and I think that it is scarier than the dentist's office. I blame my mother entirely for these feelings. She cut my hair until I was 7 or 8, and, without fail, she would "joke" that she had accidentally chopped off my ear. Not funny to a little kid with huge ears. Then, when I had finally convinced her to let me go to a barbershop, the barber told me he cut my ear by accident! That's just cruel.

-The staff at the Apple store are very helpful. With my only prompt being "Tell me about the differences between the iBook and the Powerbook," the sales woman told me that I would be better off taking the money that I would save by buying the iBook and pumping in a few upgrades. Problem solved.

2 Comments:

  • I know, I know. But somehow I really just needed to hear it from an "expert," albeit one paid by Apple. Now I am feeling all warm and fuzzy inside as I browse the Apple homepage; imagining myself with a nice new iBook....

    By Blogger Fletch, at 3:36 PM  

  • glad to hear it. Didn't fulco say the same thing? I too am computer shopping. I took a job coaching lacrosse to pay. I coach 13-14 year olds, which is ironic because that was the age I stopped playing......with you.
    -b

    By Blogger 8yearoldsdude, at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home