DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

3.13.2005

DCist Happy Hour

I had to struggle over this one. Somewhere in my mind is this little voice that tells me that blogs should be anonymous; that meeting the DCist folks would somehow be really strange. I think that I was just nervous that they were going to turn out to be creepy internet people (you can picture the kind free from sunlight in their parents' basement).

Despite my own discomfort with crowds (does that make me a creepy internet person?), I had a great time and met some of the folks who make my working day distractions a little more informative. And they weren't creepy internet people. Quite the contrary, as far as I could tell, they all seemed to be fully functional members of society. So congratulations DCist on bringing a bit more sense of community to this fine city.

If it was only a case of the nerves that kept you away this time, be sure to shake 'em off in time for the next happy hour. Oh, and if you want to contribute to DCist, they seem to be interested in finding decent writers who have something to say about the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home