DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

4.21.2005

RFK, thou art beauteous to behold

I went to my first Nats game last night, a nice victory over NL East foe Atlanta. I have to say that if every night at RFK is as nice as last night, I could see myself spending a lot of time watching the new home team this spring. It was a snap getting there right after work (although, I would suggest bringing some food and beers to tailgate before hand). We splurged for the $10 seats in right field and I'd say it was probably worth the three extra dollars. Not that you couldn't just sneak up, but...

Food and beer was of course over-priced (chicken tenders and fries $8.50, hot dog $4, Italian sausage $5.50, miller, bud, coors $5, blue moon $6.50) But really, thirty bucks for a ticket some food and a couple of beers? Not too shabby. And if the Nats keep on winning it'll be that much sweeter.

Going back to RFK was a memory filled experience. Many of my earliest sports memories came from watching the Redskins take the field in the fall. I even saw one of my first baseball games at RFK, during a spring exhibition game featuring none other than the Montreal Expos. I was sad to notice that they took down the ring of heroes, or whatever they call the DC sports hall-of-fame, even the few Senators who managed to sneak up between the Redskin greats, but hopefully they will find their way to the new stadium, cause its not like Dan Snyder bought those names, right?

As always, leaving the stadium is a giant pain in the ass, and the crowds mob the Stadium/Armory Station like it is their only chance at survival. I decided to make the walk to Union Station, and I have to say that it was a very pleasant 25 minute stroll. Of course if morons keep falling over the railings, the Orange line might be our only hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home