DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

4.19.2005

Toulouse-Lautrec at the National Gallery

As someone who is not a huge fan of Toulouse-Lautrec, I found myself quite surprised at how much I liked the exhibition at the National Gallery. Room after room was filled with vibrant images of life in the bohemian world of Montmartre, breathing life into a time that is almost century past. I won't do any sort of serious critiquing of the art itself, or it selection, but I will say that it is a very fun exhibit. The wall cards drill home some basic points about how the artists were rebelling against the conservative Third Republic and how they were all drinking absinthe, but almost nothing can take away from the lively nature of the art itself.

Just be warned, on Sunday morning, the exhibition was packed to the gills. So if you are a person who likes to enjoy art in a peaceful manner, I would suggest trying to find time in the middle of the week.

Enough for now. The giffer is spouting crazy-talk about marriage and moving, and I will go bang my head against a wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home