DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

6.09.2005

Like Hotornot.com, only creepier

"BeautifulPeople.net is an online community whose purpose is to create relationships, both private and professional, between people who because of their attractive appearance and personal qualities stand out from the majority." Is this another avenue of eugenics? Breed the most attractive specimens and crush the egos of the ugly. Brutal.

Members vote publicly on new applicants. Apparently only about 1 in 15 make the cut. You would think that it might be a little bit more self-selecting. Maybe I'll sign up and see how I do. Not to toot my own horn (can I get a beep-beep), but if I pick a photo that doesn't show my emerging gut, I think I match up pretty favorably with some of those dudes. Then I can get invited to all of the beautiful people parties. In Britain. I wonder if there is grant money to cover the travel expenses?

BBC has a nice write-up about the ups and downs of the application process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home