DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

6.09.2005

"Who's the lowest rated network in DC now?"-edition

Apparently WaPo's mediocre iPod story yesterday left some of the other regional media sources playing catch-up. For everyone who decided to skip out on last night's iPod DJ night at Saint-Ex., you may have just missed your 15 minutes of fame.

I know many of you out there probably caught this last night, since everyone who reads blogs clearly gets most of their news from the local television affiliates, but in case you missed it, here is their piece on iPod DJing. You may notice the sleek new 30GB iPod Photo with protective silicone iSkin that ol' Nancy is holding up. Yup, its mine. And those hands in the photo on the webpage? Mine also. Check out the video and you may notice the footage of a young man clearly struggling (perhaps even agonizing, we might say?) over what he's going to put on his playlist. Me too! I am so famous right now. I think that I'll just start demanding things from people and when they don't comply, start screaming "Don't you know who I am!!!!" Life is going to be good. Maybe I can get on MTV Cribs.

For my inaugural set, I chose something a little mellower. Started off with "Fuck and Run" Liz Phair off Exile in Guyville. Moved to "Perfect World" by the Pietasters from Piestomp (you can listen here). And then closed out with Soltero's "Communist Love Song." Not that anyone noticed since the basement was empty by the time my set came around at 12:15. Although I was surprised by the reaction that the Pietaster's song got, clearly Saint-Ex. has not been completed subsumed by the suburban masses.

Also, to Jake, thanks for getting me to switch over to Jameson from the light beer. My current state of utter agony lies heavily on your shoulders. And to the guy who practically begged us to stay for his set: I am really sorry that we bolted for the stairs when you turned your back. Its not that we thought you were creepy, it is really just that it was 1am and you seemed like too nice a guy to just abandon you to your face.


And now DCist has picked it up.

8 Comments:

  • Calling in sick to work has never felt so good. Except for all the time I've done it, because calling in sick rules. And we are so famous.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 AM  

  • Too bad that in my current state, I am unable to enjoy my new found fame. Because I am unable to form coherent sentences. I just attempted my first conversation of the day. I was unable to make my points. Maybe I should have called it in this morning.

    By Blogger Fletch, at 10:35 AM  

  • Hate to rain on your parade(s), but you're just as famous as that child who should haven't been in the men's bathroom alone... maybe less so. Though I'm sure your hangover will dissipate much more quickly than the years of therapy necessary to remove that kind of experience from one's memory.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 AM  

  • Is calling in sick better than forgetting it's not a flex day?

    Also, Justin please, do we *really* know he was molested?

    By Blogger Lauren, at 11:27 AM  

  • I totally thought that the bathroom piece was a work of abstract video art.*

    *More lines have been erased here because I am uncomfortable cracking jokes about child molestation. For the record, child molestation is not funny. Totally not funny at all. And Tom Cruise is really straight.

    By Blogger Fletch, at 1:13 PM  

  • and tall!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 2:20 PM  

  • Forgetting it's not a flex day is awesome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

  • didn't see you there, but congratulations on your fame. as someone who's been featured in two stories on iPod Jukebox, i can tell you that it's pretty awesome. last week, Puffy called and was like, "Yo, I saw you on that German television news segment. It was off da hook. You have to come iPod DJ at my next White Party in Miami." And I was like, "Sorry, Diddy, but I'm hosting the MTV Movie awards that day."

    By Blogger nm, at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home