DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

6.06.2005

Weekend Wonders


RFK Stadium, Nationals vs. Marlins
Originally uploaded by Fletch.
Friday. Yes, Friday will now be fully part of my weekend until I leave DC.

1) Had blood drawn. God I hate needles. At least I'll never be a smack-fiend.
2) Revenge of the Sith. Don't believe the dorks, it really isn't that good. Instead of making something interesting, George Lucas decided answer all the questions that you might have about the original Star Wars Trilogy. In some ways this may be a die-hard fan's wet-dream, but it makes for an achingly mediocre movie. Not that you shouldn't go see it. Just have low expectations.
3) Washington Social Club. Still the best band to come out of DC recently. Like since Fugazi. Their energy on stage rivaled that of Q and Not U. Sure the sound was kind of muddled, but it was the Black Cat, bad sound comes standard.

Saturday. Aka, moving sucks day.
1) We don't live here any more. I am no longer on the lease at the Harvard Quaker Commune. I am sad to be gone. I will be happy when the last of the cat hair is washed from every possession that I own.
2)Drinks with friends. Drinks at the Toledo Lounge. Passing out happily well before the bars close.

Sunday.
1) Mount Pleasant Day. Not a lot of advertising for this one, which is probably a good thing considering that it was packed with people anyways. Ran into some book friends who I hope ran into some good sales in the afternoon.
2) Nats game. Beautiful. First place in the NL East. Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home