DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

4.04.2005

On the Home Front

After a very pleasant two weeks in Palisades, I triumphantly returned to my proper place in life. Oh, and its like the drama has never stopped. I only saw one housemate last night, but it sounds like we are going to be in for a rollercoaster of a spring. Sweetness. And now I can't forget that I ran into some random dude in my kitchen this morning (so who's getting lucky, huh?), who has a key to my house. Ah spring hormones are in the air!

-And the folks on DCist are getting in the mix about the gentrification of Wonderland. Look, has it gotten a bunch of press? Yes. Have they raised their prices? Yes. Do they now stock a broader selections of beer on tap to meet the needs of their increasingly fashionable clientele? Yes. Can I now sit at an empty bar and drink PBR while declaring myself on the cutting edge of the DC bar scene? Ummmm, maybe?

Look, its not like the bar has turned into Tomtoms or the Reef. Yes, people are now coming from beyond C-heights to drink at Wonderland, but is it a bad thing that the bar in bumping on Friday and Saturday nights? Sure, they may not all be hipsters anymore, but if you want hipsters, you're in the wrong city; go to Brooklyn. Shit, maybe after my B-day dinner on Wednesday I'll swing by Wonderland to see if their live music showcase draws more than the ten folks it had last time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home