DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

4.27.2005

Sometimes I forget how pretty this city actually is, if you can find a way past the traffic and tourists. Last night I found myself down on the mall well after the museums had closed, and I'll be damned if it wasn't gorgeous! The Hirshhorn looked like the futuristic building as it was originally envisioned, rather than the concrete doughnut that it looks like during the day. The Smithsonian Castle and Arts and Industries buildings looked positively Victorian (or is it Georgian?) lit up by their street lamps. And standing in the middle of the mall, you could look to the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial without having to worry about being plowed over by a school group.


PS- I hope the drunk Small Business Association Conference attendee that I led to the Metro station safely made it home to Fairfax last night. I don't know how long the open bar was going at the Air and Space Museum for you guys last night, but I'm sure that you made your small business proud with your uncanny knack to put 'em back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home