DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

6.01.2005

But I have to work on Thursday

Its that time of year, when the little kids get up on stage under the bright lights of ESPN, and start spelling words incorrectly. Yep, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Unfortunately, I will have to stream the competition from work, but maybe they'll replay the finals this weekend when I could sit down with some beers, some friends, and just laugh at the little kids when tears well up in their eyes.

3 Comments:

  • I'm a total geek for good marketing and advertising, but weren't the ESPN spots for the bee brilliant? All those kids saying E, S, P, and/or N in competition, cut together, ending with that spaz girl from a few years ago delivering her final, winning N of "euonym" and cheering. Veddy smaht.

    By Blogger Kathryn Is So Over, at 11:34 AM  

  • You just can't not love the kids. It would just be un-American. I love the Sportscenter spot where they have the kid from last year working as a spell-checker in Bristol. "Pujols? Can you use that in a sentance for me?"

    Although for the record, I do not approve of wagering money on the spelling bee. If for no other reason than gambling on fragile pre-pubescent egos gives you terrible odds.

    By Blogger Fletch, at 12:08 PM  

  • I'm not sure how I left off ESPN's fantasy draft of the Spelling Bee, but here are the "expert's" picks:

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=shanoff/050601

    By Blogger Fletch, at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home