DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

6.01.2005

Dominion of Fun

When's the last time you went to an amusement park? Seriously. I just heard two people talking over lunch (interns perhaps?) about Kings Dominion and it just got me thinking. I used to love Kings Dominion when I was a kid/teenager. We would go once a summer, ride all of the roller-coasters and the water-slides, and just have a great time. But I can't for the life of me remember the last time that I went. I know that we drove with some friends in high school, so I must have been 16 or 17, but 8 years ago?

Do you outgrow amusement parks? I was never into the movie characters that wander around theme parks (to be fair, I my parents tell me that I "visited" Disney World when I was six months old, and I was visiting KD in the days before Paramount slapped their name on it for corporate branding). And now that I am older and wiser, the image of getting boozy and going on rides doesn't have quite the same appeal (although it is actually just the being boozy, tired, and waiting in line that doesn't appeal to me). Could I have fun the old fashioned way at an amusement park, just wandering around in the sun and going on rides? Want to find out?

2 Comments:

  • Wyatt, those were the words that I needed to hear. My problem was that I was picturing a more "adult" time, and I just couldn't see myself being drunk and waiting in lines. I would be absolutely miserable. I think that you're right that you just have to go and be a kid, running around to as many rides as possible, to do up an amusement park right.

    By Blogger Fletch, at 9:38 AM  

  • I went to Disneyland my senior year in college and it was really pretty awesome. Sorta ridiculous, but a good time nonetheless. I imagine a real amusement park (with big boy roller coasters and all) would probably be fun, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home