DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

5.13.2005

I own a lot of crap.

I started the move-prep by sorting through my accumulated wardrobe last night . Its kind of amazing going through and seeing all of the clothing that I have somehow accumulated over the past couple years that I never wear. Those olive wool pants? Tossed. That souvenir t-shirt that someone gave me at that Boston meeting? Trashed. The three piece polyester leisure suit from the '70's party? Goodbye.

But what about that 3rd white Oxford? The heavy crew-neck sweater? Those nice slacks that I never wear? Well, those can all find a home at my parents house, "for when I come back for the holidays."

Then you get down to the nitty-gritty. Space down to Austin is limited in the Echo of love, and tough decisions have to be made. How many t-shirts do I really need? Long pants in a place where the average coldest month is still 50 degrees? Will I even need suits or a blazer as a grad student?

I think that I could fit all of my clothes into two good-sized duffel bags. This is nothing compared to the giffer, but still...

Moving date is T-minus 18 days. Next: how drunk was I when I bought that third cheese platter?

2 Comments:

  • I swear every time you write "giffer," I read "gipper" and think for a moment you're talking about Reagan. This isn't flattering to Lauren and I regret that moment of confusion, but I had to get it off my chest.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 1:55 PM  

  • Sarah, I think that you may need to seek out professional help for this little obsession of yours. Perhaps you could find out where Dave Chappell is holed up in South Africa...

    By Blogger Fletch, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home