DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

5.10.2005

Weezer's Make Believe

Reading some of the reviews, I'm a little concerned. Sure Pitchfork can be hit or miss, but seriously, read this:

So does Make Believe completely ruin not just present-day Weezer, but
retroactively, any enjoyment to be had from their earlier work? I don't know-- I'm too scared to re-listen to those first two albums-- but it certainly appears that Make Believe will expertly extract the last remaining good graces the critical community has to offer latter-day Weezer, unless my colleagues' memories of slow-dancing with Ashley to "Say It Ain't So" are more powerful than I can possibly imagine. Of course, if Ashley went on to break your heart, fellow
critic, Make Believe might be just the medicine you need; put it on repeat and watch your emotional scar be obliterated as collateral damage in the torpedoing of Weezer's legacy.


I think that I will have to head down to Olsson's and listen to this one on the courtesy headphones before I drop the dime.

And all of this reminds me that I need to stick Pinkerton on my iPod. At least something good will come of all this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home