DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

5.09.2005

For those of you interested in the history of your carry out...

Slate provides non-stop action with A Short History of the Chinese Restaurant - From stir-fried buffalo to Matzoh Foo Young. By Jen Gish. The real kicker in all of this is that there are currently three times as many Chinese food restaurants than McDo's in the US of a.

Where do I eat more often? Well, I've never tried the Yum's II that is just down the hill, but I do order from City Lights and Mr. Chen's Organic Chinese Cuisine every once in a while. I have not eaten under the evil arches in many, many moons. (Could it be three or four years? Crap, what kind of fat Amur'can am I?) I guess that the Chinese food is winning the War on Digestive Terror.

4 Comments:

  • That's because Thai food is like waay better than Chinese. Skip the fried rice and general tso's and for the same price give me a papaya salad and some ka prow chicken please!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 2:11 PM  

  • Ah, you just reminded me that I have leftover Mr. Chen's waiting for me at home. That thought should get me through the rest of the day. I swear by God their Orange Chicken has heroin in it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 PM  

  • This whole post fast-food nation, super-size me, college-educated McDonalds backlash can kiss my ass. You'd think the hamburglar was instrumental in the Abu Grhaib prison scandal for all the shit I hear talked about the company. The tastiness to dollars ratio (Sortof like P/E for restaurants) is very high because it costs next to nothing if your order the right stuff. It is a miracle of civilization that I can buy half my daily caloric intake for less than 10 minutes wages. think about that shit seriously. and it has an addictive chemical in it that makes me crave it fortnightly, smartass.
    taking the yuppie organic high road against big corporations is sortof old. And American-Chinese are some tough, verstile motherfuckers.
    -dude

    By Blogger 8yearoldsdude, at 7:38 AM  

  • Lauren, please. Thai food is just the new Chinese for you. One day soon, you will leave it behind like last weeks hummus.

    Britt, I really think that you need to stop hanging out with so many grad students. I think that it might help stabilize your mind.

    and as for Mr. Chen's, I would kill for some Seasame Chicken right now. And its only 9 am. Mmmmm MSG...

    By Blogger Fletch, at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home