DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

5.09.2005

Out of Shape Weekend

1. In case you missed it, the Wizards won their first playoff series in 23 years. Yes, I was alive for it, but sometimes memories from when you were two years-old don't quite make an impact. I am very much looking forward to getting destroyed by Miami. I will hold out faith that we can steal one game at home, but any way the chips fall, I will be a happy fan.

2. My WAFC spring league team had it's tournament this weekend, that's ultimate, not softball or kickball. We didn't show up to play, but after four games and six hours of running, I now know what its like to have every muscle in my body ache. When did I get so out of shape? Well, it might have been sometime during the past two years, when I turned into a fucking slug. I'm really going to have to start running. As soon as I can walk up stairs again.

3. Went to the 'illadelph for Mother's Day. Had brunch with the GF's extended family before cruising back to DC for dinner with the folks. Good food, good laughs, good ideas which of the future in-laws won't be invited to the wedding ceremony.

4. Studied my ass off for my Art History final. What's that you say? Fletch, I didn't know that you were a student? Well, I am. Sort of. I am taking a class at a little place that we always referred to as Princeton on the Pike. That's right, the MK. Luckily, I seem to be rolling my way onto a second straight Dean's List, but I won't know for sure until after tonight. I hope that Texas is as forgiving with their grades.

5. Woke up this morning to the sound of one of my housemates just beating me into the shower. That's cool, we never have any problems, I'll just go make my lunch. Not done yet? I'll knock on the door to let her know that I'm waiting. Cool. I'll just pull out my clothes and get the rest of my shit ready. And wait. And wait. And wait.

What kind of retarded housemate takes a fuckin' half-hour in the shower in the morning? Apparently my cooler-than-thou hipster housemate, because I saw all my other housemates take off rather than wait in line. Thank god I'm moving out in three weeks. Otherwise I might have to explain to this housemate why I am no longer speaking to her. As it is, she probably won't notice.

3 Comments:

  • Well Wyatt, as long as you promise not to tell her, we can talk all thse smack we want.

    And please note that you are now listed in the sidebar.

    By Blogger Fletch, at 12:51 PM  

  • Maybe if she showered more than once a week, she'd have been faster in the bathroom today...

    By Blogger Lauren, at 2:08 PM  

  • If there is another trip, it'll most likely have to be memorial day weekend. I need to check with the folks.

    By Blogger Fletch, at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home